Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Daddy Daycare

I’m leeeeeaving on a jet plane!!! Mama is packing her suitcase (just one!) for a little 3 day getaway! More than one person has asked where my children will be. Sit down for this one. Are you ready?

With their father. *GASP*

I know, I know. Ca-razy. I actually trust the man I married, the man I chose to make these children with, to be fully responsible for their care. My husband is a pretty mild mannered man. But if you want to see him get riled up, suggest that he has to “babysit” his kids. Fair warning…step FAR away before making that suggestion. He has wanted to be a dad since long before he met me. In fact, I would bet he had second thoughts about me because I’m not endowed with birthing hips (hello, 44 hours of labor!). Our boys are 50% his (well, by looking at them you might guess they are closer to 98% his), and he takes at least that much responsibility as their dad. He changes diapers, he does middle of the night feedings, doctors appointments, bath time, meal time, and of course he rocks at playtime.

Does he do it differently than me? Probably. But here is a confession for ya: I forgot to patent my awesome and amazing parenting techniques. I know, shocker. But I fully understand that my way isn’t the only way. It isn’t even always the best way…ok, most of the time it is (I joke, I kid!).

So as I pack my suitcase today, I’m full of excitement for two reasons. 1. I get to visit dear friends and family, including our newest family member and 2. I know my boys, all of them, are going to have a rocking time at home without me.

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! I know I sometimes forget that "my" way isn't the "only" way and need to allow my hubby the space and freedom to be a dad without fear of my judgment and hovercrafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Nick, I HATE when people say the child(rens) father is babysitting. I also agree, my way isn't the only way and when I come home after being away the house is messier, but everyone is alive, happy and usually pretty tired :)

    ReplyDelete