Friday, May 15, 2009

Book Reviews...coming soon to a blog near you!

Those who know me would use many words to describe me. "Reader" is not one of them. I certainly can read, and there was a time in my life that I was a voracious reader...but that was before college and law school. Being forced to read upwards of 200 pages of technical material each night ruined me. I've never had the desire to join a book club. I've never asked a friend if I could borrow the current-book-that-turns-people-into-lemmings. I've never even gone to see the movies based on popular books just so I could participate in part of the book-lovers discussions.

So why, you may be asking, am I doing book reviews? Well, suddenly, I am finding that there are books I want to read. And when I read, I think. And when I think, I want to discuss. And when I want to discuss...my DH doesn't always want to listen (ha!). So...I decided to review what I read here. Please feel free to jump in with comments and suggestions.

1 comment:

  1. Reading is one thing I really make a point to MAKE time for! Even if its only for 5-10 minutes before I go to sleep. Its a nice mental escape from the monotony of life and a great way to expand horizons.

    I'm an eclectic reader. I love political/legal thrillers, chic lit, historical fiction, historical non-fiction, business books, self-help books!! I try to keep it mixed up!

    ReplyDelete